Philadelphia - The Roots, released their 11th studio album … & Then You Shoot Your Cousin, but last week they manifested the conceptual album at New York City's Public Theater.
The Roots put on what Questlove describes as "The Roots' first opera" in promotion of their new album. Speaking with Okayplayer, Questlove explains why the critically acclaimed group does not make music for the "post-internet music fans" model of music consumption:
'Post-internet' music fans have to rush to judgment before really absorbing it. You have to dig deep. Most people are kind of expecting a big, quick payoff. Not say ours is high art, but we prepare it like we're at Eleven Madison [Park Restaurant]. Like we're three Michelin star chefs and it's an 18 course meal that we're serving you.
The Roots' …& Then You Shoot Your Cousin is currently the group's first #1 album on iTunes.
The Roots Perform "First Opera" For New Album
Last week they manifested the conceptual album at New York City's Public Theater
Latest News Headlines
- Shenzhen Travel Campaign for Summer 2019 (9)
- The Roots Perform "First Opera" For New Album (7)
- Spotify Hits 10 Million Paid Users. Now What? (7)
- Kim and Kanye Draw Crowds in Paris and Florence (7)
- Michael Jackson Album 'Xscape' Due Out May (7)
- Community Discussion: Dogs are Friends, Not Food (3)
- Explaning Why Airplane Food Is So Bad (3)
- McDonald's Tries Local Chinese Decor In Stores (3)
- Wal-Mart to Open 110 More Stores in China (4)
- High Cholesterol Levels May Impair Pregnancy (4)
- Microsoft Surprised by Chinese Ban of Windows 8 (4)
- Iranian Pharrell Fans Arrested For Happy Video Tribute (7)